The fact of registration and authorization of users on Sputnik websites through the user account or accounts on social networks indicates the acceptance of these rules.
Users are obliged to comply with national and international laws. Users are required to speak respectfully to other discussion participants, readers, and people referenced in posts.
The administration of the websites has the right to remove comments made in languages other than the language of the majority of the content of the websites.
In all language versions of the News Logics websites, the comments posted can be edited.
A user comment will be removed if:
- does not correspond to the topic of the post;
- promotes hatred and discrimination on racial, ethnic, sexual, religious or social grounds or violates the rights of minorities;
- violates the rights of minors, causing them harm in any way, including moral damage;
- contains ideas of an extremist nature or calls for other illegal activities;
- contains insults, threats to other users, specific individuals or organizations, denigrates dignity or undermines business reputation;
- contains insults or messages that express disrespect for Sputnik;
- violate privacy, distribute personal data of third parties without their consent or violate the privacy of correspondence;
- describes or refers to scenes of violence, cruelty to animals;
- contains information on suicide methods, encourages suicide;
- pursues commercial purposes, contains inappropriate advertising, illegal political advertising, or links to other online resources that contain such information;
- promotes third party products or services without proper authorization;
- contains offensive language or profanity and its derivatives, as well as indications of the use of lexical elements that fall within this definition;
- contains spam, advertises spam, bulk mail services, and promotes get-rich-quick schemes;
- promotes the use of narcotic / psychotropic substances, provides information on their production and use;
- contains links to viruses and malicious software;
- is part of an organized action that involves large volumes of comments with identical or similar content (“flash mob”);
- “Floods” the discussion thread with a large number of incoherent or irrelevant messages;
- violates the etiquette, exhibiting any form of aggressive, humiliating or abusive behavior (“trolling”);
- It does not follow the standard rules of the English language, for example, it is written entirely or mainly in capital letters or it is not divided into sentences.
The administration has the right to block a user’s access to the page or delete a user’s account without prior notice if the user violates these rules or if a behavior that indicates such violation is detected.
Users can initiate account recovery / unlock access by contacting the moderators at moderator@News Logics
The letter must contain:
- Subject: restoring access to account / unlocking
- User ID
- An explanation of the actions that violated the above rules and resulted in the crash.
If the moderators consider it possible to restore the account / unblock access, it will be done.
In the case of repeated violations of the above rules that result in a second lockout of a user’s account, access cannot be restored.
To contact the moderator team, write to moderator@News Logics